Could an insane Model 3 P85D be on the way? - Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Could an insane Model 3 P85D be on the way?

Have you all been following the truly crazy Model S P85D? 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, aided by the efficient power of two supplementary drive motors working in concert to provide all-wheel-drive propulsion.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...5d_first_test/

Now, the Model 3 will weigh less than the Model S. Can you imagine the sort of performance of an all-wheel drive top-spec Model 3? Again, the 3 would have to weigh less than the Model S, so the Model 3 version should be even faster.

I am salivating at the prospect of a Model III P85D with 0-60 in 3.0 seconds performance.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 04:14 PM

It would be cool but I have so many questions. Would this be a vehicle that is actually available for people to buy? Would they build this since they already have the Model S P85D? Would it be a one-off vehicle that would mostly be for show?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 PM

I'd like to see it happen and from what i have been observing of Tesla and Elon, it's owner, it sure seems like something he would want to see happen.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volta View Post
It would be cool but I have so many questions. Would this be a vehicle that is actually available for people to buy? Would they build this since they already have the Model S P85D? Would it be a one-off vehicle that would mostly be for show?
The Model S P85D is a production model. Why would it be any different for the Model 3?

Also, as the Model 3 must cost less than a Model S P85D, can you imagine all of this performance, well-equipped at $75,000 or so? Oh my...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 PM

It's going to be a **** of a deal, I know it's something i would get if i had that much coin to drop on a car.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page