Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums - View Single Post - New member from Scottsdale, AZ
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Blau

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New member from Scottsdale, AZ

Hello all, I am very excited about the new Model III and am looking forward to purchasing one once production begins.

Personally, I am committed to reducing my environmental impact as much as possible in the pursuit of a sustainable lifestyle. I am fortunate to live in a climate where year-round solar electricity production is viable, so my dream is to power the Model III exclusively by solar panels. I also believe ridding ourselves of foreign oil should be a national imperative, so I would like to take the first step and power my cars exclusively off of solar-generated power.

The lower price of the Model III, along with the estimated 200 miles of range, is key for me. I almost purchased a BMW i3 recently, but decided to wait for a future EV with more range. 80 miles of range just doesn't cut it for me. The i3 was lovely though -- love the design, and it's even fun to drive despite those skinny tires.

The first time I drove a Tesla Model S, I was positively stunned by the smooth powertrain, buttoned-down handling, and appealing styling. I was grinning from ear to ear thanks to the instantaneous electric torque. I'm hopeful the Model III will continue these attributes, just at a lower price.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome