Where do Tesla's go for Service? - Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Where do Tesla's go for Service?

Where does one take their Tesla for regular scheduled maintenance?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Most issues can be handled remotely according to Tesla, but they can and will send a Service Ranger out to you with a loaner if necessary.

Quote:
We designed Model S to be easy to own. Routine software updates handle most issues without interrupting your life, while annual inspections ensure your car’s long-term health. Model S is also smart: it periodically monitors itself and can alert Tesla, with your permission, to issues so that they can be resolved quickly and easily. Many issues can be resolved remotely, but if your Model S does require in-person attention, you can bring it to a Tesla Service Center, or have your car picked up in exchange for a loaner at no charge with our valet service.
http://www.teslamotors.com/en_CA/service#/tesla-service
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 03:42 PM

A service ranger? That sounds pretty cool. Basically its a mechanic delivery service.

I bet that Tesla only gives out other Teslas as loaners. So that means that you should be in a Tesla even when yours breaks down. Do other companies do the whole service ranger thing?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Never knew about the service ranger thing as i'm new to tesla. something which i'll have to look into more.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
A service ranger? That sounds pretty cool. Basically its a mechanic delivery service.

I bet that Tesla only gives out other Teslas as loaners. So that means that you should be in a Tesla even when yours breaks down. Do other companies do the whole service ranger thing?
more of a programmer than a mechanic. Tesla has no fixed abode, so its impossible for you to go to them.

If you drive a BMW, BMW will give you a BMW loaner, if you drive a Lexus, you'll get a Lexus loaner. Fairly standard practice...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok so they do alot of their servece remotely, updates, they send me a rnager, whatever. What if a shock lets go, or a control arm say. I need to replace bearings in the wheels, simple stuff like that? How does that work, is there a regional facility they all go to, if so how long will I be without my vehicle???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page