Now that we know where the factory will be built, Tesla has told us quite a bit more information about the gigafactory. The factory will be over 5 million square-feet, will cost $5 billion to build, will employ 3,000 construction workers, 6,500 manufacturing jobs, and is thought to add another 16,000 indirect jobs to the State once the factory is running in 2020. The factory will also run entirely on renewable energy.
Another thing to think about is the tax credits given to Tesla by Nevada.
The tax abatements are as follows:
- 100% sales tax until June 30, 2034
- 100% of real property tax until June 30, 2024
- 100% of personal property tax until June 30, 2024
- 100% of modified business tax until June 30, 2024
As well as the fiscal projection after abatements of:
- $430 million in general fund revenue over 20 years
- $950 mil in local government revenue over 20 years
- $500 mil in K-12 education over 20 years
Check out more information on this through this link --> http://jalopnik.com/what-you-need-to...ory-1630792930