Georgia takes a hard-line against Tesla Direct Sales Model - Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Georgia takes a hard-line against Tesla Direct Sales Model

Poor Tesla has had to deal with so many different states and their antiquated dealership laws. Georgia is the latest state to be engaged in this fight. The Georgia Automotive Dealers Association filed a petition on Friday to contest a showroom in the Atlanta area.

The complaint centres on an exemption to the state law that enforces the dealership sales model. The exemption was for specialty automakers that produce less than 150 vehicles. To be fair, Tesla doesn't really fit that bill.

Georgia is the second largest market for electronics in the US, San Francisco is the first. So this battle has a lot riding on it.

http://news.boldride.com/2014/09/geo...owrooms/55761/
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 06:31 PM

I like TESLA as much as the next person but lets stop playing the pity game from them. Poor Tesla, really Poor Tesla, the same Tesla that is continuously trying to circumvent laws, this case particularly.

I'm all for breaking the rules but its about subtlety, you cant walk into a China shop with a baseball bat and expect no one to find you suspicious...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 PM

I think some people just pity them because they're not one of the big brands, they're on their own, which in that case i can see why.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM

I think that the dealer laws are outdated though. What happened to free enterprise? I just think that the legislative battles are being fought because of lobbying, not on the basis of what is fair, and what makes sense for the layman.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I think that the dealer laws are outdated though. What happened to free enterprise? I just think that the legislative battles are being fought because of lobbying, not on the basis of what is fair, and what makes sense for the layman.
But the layman is not buying Tesla's.

Please Don't bring free enterprise into this because without government subsidy Tesla would of never gotten off the ground. Yes I know other companies and industries have been afforded the same benefits.

So Tesla's entire existence, supply chain and sales are subsidised yet you want to cite free enterprise as the reason Tesla should be allowed to circumvent state laws? I believe that's hypocrisy...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page