What to expect from the Model III's interior - Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
What to expect from the Model III's interior

One of the most recognizable things about the Tesla Model S's interior is that huge touch screen in the center.

Often times companies save money by cutting down on interior features first. Do you think that the Model III will keep the iconic middle touch screen, or will it be lost in the name of cost-cutting?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:09 AM

I think there's good chance that screen might stay, this is going to be their first mainstream vehicle and using the exact screen from the model s and just increasing it's production might make sense, rather than downsizing it. The other option is that they might go with something much more simple and much more smaller.... like a screen the side of most infotainment systems.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 AM

I think that the big touchscreen is a main feature of Tesla. Now because the Model III will be cheaper, I could see the screen being reduced in size a little, but I don't think that Tesla will want to play with their interior design too much other than the materials being used.

I think that Tesla will take an approach to interiors like BMW does: basically the same in every vehicle, save some materials being changed.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:44 AM

I am very curious about the interior of the Model III. Right now Tesla has this luxury image, and that could be lost with the Model III. Tesla will have to make sure that they reduce the cost of the interior without making the interior look cheap. The Model III should be more of a down market luxury vehicle than a mainstream car. Since Tesla is so new, it has to be really careful with what it does with its brand image.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 03:19 PM

Haven't you guys seen the old Roadster? That's kind of what I always expected of the Model iii...

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Interesting, good you brought that in, I can see something along the lines of that with the design of their current interior. One thing for sure they will have to do some toning down from the model S to III.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 AM

I think that this design in general will be preserved, but the size of the screen will likely get a bit smaller. I can't imagine it without a screen!)

Man can solve any problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I am very curious about the interior of the Model III. Right now Tesla has this luxury image, and that could be lost with the Model III. Tesla will have to make sure that they reduce the cost of the interior without making the interior look cheap. The Model III should be more of a down market luxury vehicle than a mainstream car. Since Tesla is so new, it has to be really careful with what it does with its brand image.
We all are very curious about it) but I gess Tesla will still have its luxury image.

Man can solve any problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Tesla Model III Forum, Tesla Model 3 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page